Thursday, January 5, 2012

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

This is what I made for dinner tonight, and it was very yummy!  Instead of chopped sun-dried tomatoes [since we didn't have any], I added some crushed red pepper because I like SPICY...  And oh BOY, was it spicy!  Also, I don't really know why, but this might have been the most tender chicken I've ever cooked.  I always try so hard and my meat usually comes out tough.  But this was really tender!  Mmm, it was divine!
Time: Less than 30 min.
Enjoy!!!


Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes [raw, not already cooked]
8 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups heavy whipping cream [I used 1 cup 1% milk and 1 cup whipping cream, to be a little on the healthier side]
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes [I used about 1 1/4 T of crushed red pepper instead for some SPICE]
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese


Directions:

Place chicken cubes and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.

In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat add heavy cream/milk, dried tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.  [I added about 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken it up a bit]

Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should add how much time it takes to make them :) easy 30 min meals for example for those of us who need quick ideas!! I want to try some of these... Yum!

    ReplyDelete